The American Consumer Institute Center for Citizen Research (ACI) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit educational and research institute with a mission to promote economic welfare by improving the understanding and impact that public policies and regulations have on consumers in a free market.
The Institute focuses on a broad range of economic policy issues that affect society as a whole. We seek to be a better and more reasoned voice for consumers by using economic tools and principles to recommend public policies that work best for consumers. More information about ACI is available online.
About the Role
ACI seeks a self-driven Communications Associate to assist in its communications and operations.
The Communications Associate will be responsible for helping ACI maintain a strong voice on social media, website editing and development, and drafting a variety of material for different audiences including press releases, newsletters, e-mail updates, and event releases.
This is a full-time position, preferably located in the Washington, DC area. Extraordinary candidates who live in other areas and can work remotely will also be considered.
- Developing communications content including, but not limited to social media content, op-ed articles and blogs, press releases, and newsletters.
- Maintaining and improving routine communications with consistent branding and strategic coverage of ACI’s activities.
- Assisting in managing and growing ACI’s social media presence.
- Maintaining and updating ACI’s website.
- Formatting reports, public statements, and other content for publication.
- Building and sustaining relationships with national and local media outlets.
- Pitching op-eds and press releases to media outlets.
- Assisting with graphic design for reports and other publications.
- 0-3 years of relevant experience
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Ability to convey complex legal and public policies issues to a broad audience
- Ability to multitask and set priorities
- Attention to detail
- Strong commitment to advance free-market policies
- Experience with web design (html/php), social media, web content management systems, e-mail marketing services, WordPress, Mailchimp, and InDesign or other publishing software are a plus.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF:
- A cover letter detailing your experience, your interest in/passion for ACI’s mission, and your salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
Questions can be directed to Stephanie Keaveney, Network Engagement Manager at Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected].
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free-market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.