The American Consumer Institute Center for Citizen Research (ACI) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit educational and research institute with a mission to promote economic welfare by improving the understanding and impact that public policies and regulations have on consumers in a free market.
The Institute focuses on policy issues that affect society as a whole, and we seek to be a better and more reasoned voice for consumers by using economic tools and principles to find public policies that work best for consumers. More information about ACI is available here.
About the Role
ACI seeks a Policy Analyst to support its research and communications efforts. The Analyst will work closely with the Director to conduct research and analyze data related to a host of regulatory and legislative issues which affect consumers and the market economy.
This is a full-time role ideally based in the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area. For exceptional candidates, remote reporting and telecommuting may be considered.
Policy Research and Analysis (40%):
- Conduct policy research, collect and analyze data, and then examine and develop thoughtful policy analyses on a wide variety of key issues
- Perform ad hoc research related to current events
- Attend and participate in coalition meetings, events and panels
- Disseminate analyses through social media, outreach, testimony, external presentations and media appearances
- Produce and disseminate policy and research papers, ConsumerGrams and op-eds
Public Affairs and Communications (10%)
- Use online tools and social media to reach the media, supporters, stakeholders and policymakers assist in research proposals and development of foundation programs
- 0 to 5 years of experience in public policy, government relations, economic research, or related field
- Understanding principles of economics and business research
- Master’s degree preferred but not required
- Commitment to free-market principles
- The ability to handle multiple projects in a timely fashion
- Excellent writing and communications skills are required
Salary and Benefits
- Salary competitive and commensurate with experience
- Health, dental, vision, and retirement savings plan
- Growth and increased responsibilities based on the candidate’s ability to master complex policy issues
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials as a single PDF:
- Cover Letter detailing your interest in the position and the mission of ACI, your salary requirements, and availability to start
- 1-2 writing samples of 500-100 words. Samples should be self-authored, preferably reflecting popular writing styles (op-eds, blogs, magazine articles)
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: talentmarket.org/apply-for-your-dream-job/.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled.
Questions can be directed to Stephanie Keaveney, Network Engagement Manager of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: [email protected].
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.