Congress has an urgent need to control Federal Deficit. Earlier this year, the National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform identified the containment of government medical program costs as a major priority to controlling the Federal spending. With the aging US population, the need to address ways to control medical costs is more important than ever. What can Congress do reduce Medicare and Medicare costs without sacrificing services?
A distinguished panel of public policy experts will address several issues:
- Introduction – Steve Pociask, President of the American Consumer Institute
- Moderating – Eli Lehrer, Vice President of the Heartland Institute
- The CMS Medicare Bidding Program – Professor Peter Cramton, Professor of Economics, University of Maryland
- Medicaid Fraud – Steven Grist, Assistant Attorney General for Virginia
- Comments by Brent Wilkes, National Executive Director of the League of United Latin American Citizens